A supplement is a request for funds that were not originally anticipated to be added to an existing sponsored project. An augment requests additional funds and time, and can be requested using the GMAS Supplement request.
Requesting a supplement
To request a supplement in GMAS, from the segment home page, select “Actions” and then “Create request”. Follow the prompts to enter the required information before locking and routing.
- Sponsor proposal documents (I.e. the Request for Proposals (RFP), guidelines, etc.)
- Subagreement information, if any
- Date due to sponsor, number of copies required (if hard copy) and mailing/electronic transmission instructions
- Total amount requested, period of performance, cost-sharing/matching fund information, administrative salary information (if any), effort location
- Other information as required by the sponsor, department, or University
Supplement Request Roles and Responsibilities
- The department holds primary responsibility for entering information in GMAS to formally request Supplemental funds.
- The OSP Awards Management team reviews Supplement requests once the GMAS request has all required signatures.
- The OSP Awards Management team submits to the sponsor and marks the request as submitted in GMAS.
- The OSP Operations team initiates a revision on the GMAS account.
- The OSP Awards Management team reviews and commits the revision to the account, generating an action memo that is sent to those listed on the Administrative team in GMAS.
All supplement requests will be reviewed in alignment with the Supplement and Augments Review checklist. Please review prior to proposal submission to ensure an efficient review.
Augment requests for additional time and money on an award should be submitted using the Supplement request type. Please use the comments section found on the request homepage in the Supplement request to specify a new end date. Please review the complete business process for supplements and augments.