A continuation is the receipt of anticipated funds and/or time periods for a previously awarded project that does not require competition with other applicants.
To request a continuation in GMAS, from the segment home page, select “Actions” and then “Create request”. Follow the prompts to enter the required information before locking and routing.
- Proposed period of performance
- Date due to sponsor, number of copies required (if hard copy) and mailing/electronic transmission instructions
- Updated budget
- Other information as required by the sponsor, department, or University
Continuation Request Roles and Responsibilities
- The department holds primary responsibility for entering information in GMAS to formally request a continuation.
- The OSP Awards Management team reviews continuation requests once the GMAS request has all required signatures.
- The OSP Awards Management team submits to the sponsor and marks the request as submitted in GMAS.
- If the continuation is approved, sponsor documentation is required. The Awards Management team reviews the notice, if required, and logs it to the Continuation request.
- The OSP Operations team initiates a revision on the GMAS account.
- The OSP Awards Management team reviews and commits the revision to the account, generating an action memo that is sent to those listed on the Administrative team in GMAS.