The GMAS research team must be populated with all research personnel named in the proposal.
- Anyone who is a Harvard faculty member.
- Anyone who is considered “key personnel” per the sponsor’s definition
- Anyone who meets the Public Health Services (PHS) definition of an “investigator”: The PI and any other person, regardless of title or position, who is responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of research funded by the PHS, or proposed for such funding, which may include, for example, collaborators or consultants.
- Anyone associated with the Harvard portion of the award who is performing research, even if they don’t meet the above criteria, as they will need to sign the Harvard Participation Agreement.
The segment research team in GMAS is used to track effort commitments for personnel, and to generate and track approvals for individuals performing research on a specific project, such as:
- COI (conflict of interest) for University area
- PA (Participation Agreement)