Workspace is Grants.gov's shared, online environment to collaboratively complete and submit federal grant applications. Use Workspace for proposal submissions to federal agencies that do not have a dedicated submission portal. For example, NSF has its own dedicated submission portal, FastLane, while NIH utilizes ASSIST, and NASA utilizes NSPIRES. Below are some common federal agencies for which Workspace should be used.
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Commerce (DOC)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of Education (ED)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Registering in Workspace
Instructions: How to Register a Grants.gov Account
OSP staff will be notified of your registration and will add the Manage Workspace Role to your account.
If you have any questions or concerns when registering, please contact OSPProposalAssistance@harvard.edu.