The President and Fellows of Harvard College adopted the Statement of Policy in Regard to Intellectual Property, on February 4, 2008. This Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, applies to all members of the University and visitors who perform research in Harvard facilities. Also, Federal policy requires the University to obtain written agreements from anyone performing research under a federally sponsored program regarding their obligations for reporting and assignment of inventions.
Each person performing research at Harvard should sign either the Harvard University Participation Agreement or the Harvard University Visitor Participation Agreement as applicable.
Learn more about the Participation Agreement.
Electronically sign the Participation Agreement.
Go to the Visitor Participation Agreement.
SPONSOR'S SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Subcontracting Report for Individual Contracts-SF294
- This report is not required from small businesses.
- This report is not required for commercial items for which a commercial plan has been approved, nor from large businesses in the Department of Defense (DOD) Test Program for Negotiation of Comprehensive Subcontracting Plans. The Summary Subcontract Report (SF 295) is required for contractors operating under one of these two conditions and should be submitted to the Government in accordance with the instructions on that form.
- This form collects subcontract award data from prime contractors/subcontractors that:
- hold one or more contracts over $500,000 (over $1,000,000 for construction of a public facility); and
- are required to report subcontracts awarded to Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business
(WOSB), HUBZone Small Business (HUBZone SB), Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small
Business concerns under a subcontracting plan. For the Department of Defense (DOD), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
(NASA), and the Coast Guard, this form also collects subcontract award data for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Minority Institutions (MIs).
- This report is required for each contract containing a subcontracting plan and must be submitted to the administrative contracting officer (ACO) or contracting officer if no ACO is assigned, semi-annually during contract performance for the periods ended March 31st and September 30th. A separate report is required for each contract at contract completion. Reports are due 30 days after the close of each reporting period unless otherwise directed by the contracting officer. Reports are required when due, regardless of whether there has been any subcontracting activity since the inception of the contract or since the previous report.
- Only subcontracts involving performance in the U.S. or its outlying areas should be included in this report.
- Purchases from a corporation, company, or subdivision that is an affiliate of the prime/subcontractor are not included in this report.
- Subcontract award data reported on this form by prime contractors/subcontractors shall be limited to awards made to their immediate subcontractors. Credit cannot be taken for awards made to lower tier subcontractors.
Minority Business Enterprises/Women-owned Business Enterprises Utilization Report
MBE/WBE utilization is based on Executive Orders 11625, 12138, 12432, P.L. 102-389 and EPA Regulations Part 30 and 31. EPA Form 5700-52A must be completed by recipients of Federal grants, cooperative agreements, or other Federal financial assistance which involve procurement of supplies, equipment, construction or services to accomplish Federal assistance programs.
Recipients are required to report 30 days after the end of each federal fiscal quarter or annually, per the terms and conditions of the financial assistance agreement. Submission dates are January 30, April 30, July 30, and October 30. The submission date for annual reports is October 30. MBE/WBE program requirements, including reporting, are material terms and conditions of the financial assistance agreement.