- Effective Date: January 25, 2022
- Last Updated: March 21, 2022
- Responsible Office: Office for Sponsored Programs/Office of the Vice Provost for Research
- View PDF of eRA Commons Registration Requirements for Senior/Key Personnel
As of January 25, 2022, NIH requires all individuals listed on the R&R Senior/Key Person Profile (Expanded) Form to have an eRA Commons ID/Username (NOT-OD-21-109). This includes both Harvard personnel and any non-Harvard researchers who may be included as Senior/Key Personnel on a Harvard sponsored proposal to NIH.
- Confirm that an eRA Commons ID/Username has been included for each Senior/Key Person in the Credentials space on the R&R Senior/Key Person (Expanded) Form. Note that the individual’s eRA Commons ID/Username will also need to be listed in the appropriate box on their Biosketch.
For any individuals that do not have a current eRA Commons ID/Username:
- Harvard Personnel: Harvard personnel should contact their OSP/SPA Office for assistance in obtaining an eRA Commons ID that is affiliated with Harvard's institutional registration.
- Non-Harvard Personnel: Non-Harvard personnel (e.g., Subrecipient PI) should request an eRA Commons ID/Username via their home institution. For any Senior/Key Person that either is not affiliated with an institution, or whose home institution is not registered in eRA Commons, the individual should register as an Unaffiliated/Independent Applicant.
Individuals who will not hold an active academic or research appointment at the University at the time of award should not be affiliated with Harvard in eRA Commons. Academic and research appointments are governed by each School and subject to applicable institutional policies, including the Person of Interest Policy.