Congress, the administration, and security and research funding agencies have expressed serious concerns about the increase in foreign state sponsored efforts to inappropriately access or replicate U.S. federally funded research data and information. This includes proposed research, as a means to gain competitive advantage. The webinar will address concerns raised and actions taken to date by federal intelligence and research funding agencies. It will also touch on current and pending legislation, pending inquiries and actions, and existing and emerging efforts institutions are taking to address these concerns.
- Participants will understand the history and timeline of federal efforts to address foreign threats and balance national security concerns with the need for free and open exchange of scientific information, with a focus on recent developments
- Participants will gain an understanding of ongoing and anticipated federal agency, congressional and other actions to address foreign influence/interference.
- Participants will learn about existing and emerging practices that institutions have adopted to address issues relating to foreign threats and research related security concerns.
- Wendy Streitz, President, Council on Governmental Relations (COGR)
- Robert Hardy, Director, Contracts & Intellectual Property Management, Council on Governmental Relations (COGR)
- Tobin Smith, Vice President for Policy, Association of American Universities
Please register for this session through the sign up feature below. Please note, space is limited, early registration is encouraged.
Please note this webinar will be live streamed and start promptly at 2:00pm.