Cost transfers have come under high scrutiny in recent audits. While the simplest suggestion is to prevent them altogether, in many cases they are unavoidable. This webinar will explore the federal requirements surrounding cost transfers and examine how two different institutions have implemented policies to monitor compliance and mitigate the risk associated with these types of transactions. We will discuss ways to ensure all cost transfers are appropriate, timely, and most importantly, sufficiently documented.
- Participants will become familiar with audit compliance issues related to documentation and timing of cost transfers.
- Participants can expect to leave the webinar with best practices for minimizing the need for cost transfers and managing them appropriately when the transactions are necessary.
- These best practices will serve as a guide for participants to evaluate their own institutional policies for compliance.
- Kristi L. Bazata, Director, Research Policy & Indirect Cost, Columbia University in the City of New York
- Diana Weber, Assistant Director, Post-Award, University of Kansas Medical Center
Register for this session using the Sign-up below. *Please note - Space is limited, early registration is encouraged.*