Description: This course will introduce department administrators to effort reporting and the electronic effort reporting and certification system (ecrt), which allows Principal Investigators and Faculty to certify their effort on federally-sponsored projects. This course will cover the following:
- Introduction to effort and effort reporting
- ecrt roles and responsibilities
- Workflow for certification by Principal Investigators and/or Faculty
- Workflow for Grants Managers to review and monitor and overall management of certifications during certification periods
- Best practices during the pre-certification review period
- Workflow for Primary Effort Coordinators to monitor the process of certifications in their departments and assign roles and overrides as needed
*Please note that this session will include system demos that will first cover Grant Manger responsibilities. The last 30 mins of the session will be devoted to Primary Effort Coordinators and will cover the additional aspects of the systems their role needs to utilize.
Intended Audience: ecrt Basics training is intended for Grant Managers with responsibility for assisting their faculty during the effort reporting process as well as anyone in the Primary Effort Coordinator role. This is a great opportunity for new ecrt users as well as for existing users who want a refresher.
Recommended Pre-Work: Review of the University wide Effort Reporting Policy: http://osp.finance.harvard.edu/effort-reporting-policy
Registration: Please register for this session through the Harvard Training Portal here.